China Life established the Corporate Social Responsibility Committee in 2014 and renamed it the Sustainable Development Committee in 2021. China Life restructured the Sustainable Development Committee into a functional committee under the Board of Directors in March 2023 to enhance its supervisory and sustainability management functions. The Company has launched innovative corporate sustainability programs from a broader perspective, displaying the Company’s determination to achieve sustainable development. Sustainable development is considered in business decisions and routine operations through supervision by the Board of Directors.
▼Sustainable development organization structure and duties
Sustainable Development Committee members
|Directors||Stephanie Huang, Stefano Paolo Bertamini, Jenny Huang, Shih-Chieh Chang (Independent Director), Hsin-Hui Yen (Independent Director)|
Sustainable Development Committee Responsibilities
- Revise the Sustainable Development Policy and Sustainable Development Best Practices.
- Determine the annual plan and strategic direction for sustainability development.
- Approve sustainability projects and activity plans.
- Monitor and review the implementation effectiveness of the annual plan, strategic direction, projects, and activity plans for sustainability development.
- Periodically review sustainability reports.
- Decide on other sustainability-related matters assigned by the board of directors.
▼China Life's Sustainable Development Milestones